CW

Default Shipping job oversears & bringing workers here??

"Joe Willmann" wrote in message
.77...
Silvan wrote in
:

CW wrote:

Your not alone, Silvan. A friend of mine has a masters in
anthropology. He drives a truck for living. College counselors
should tell their students what their job prospects are going to be
in a particular field. Instead, they fill classes and keep teachers
working.

I was listening to the radio a couple of days ago. There was a woman
talking to an advise guy. She had financial problems and was in real
debt. She owed about $35,000. Something like this - 20K for student
loans, 7K for automobile and the rest on credit cards.

So he asked her what she did. She is a waitress in a restraunt.
Something like TGI Fridays or such.

He asked about her student status. She graduated two years ealier with
a BA in performing arts!

You know, I understand the desire to go to school and study something
"fun". But if you can't make a living at it, it isn't a carear it is a
hobby. You have to pay for hobbies as you go.

Not always. Most of my working life I have made a pretty good living off my
hobbies. I have more unusual hobbies though. Machine work, drafting,
electronics.

Borrowing 20K to get an education in performing arts should be against
the law. Her parents aught to sue the school, the proffesors and the
bank that loaned her the money.

I wouldn't go that far but I do think the counselor should have laid out the
facts about future employment in that field. I'm sure they didn't do that.
They are more concerned with filling classes than setting someone up to
succeed. Before someone jumps in and says it was her problem, she should
have known, there is a lot of difference in expecting someone to do
something for you and paying someone to do something for you. Your average
college kid doesn't know squat about the world. The counselor should have
some knowledge of market trends.

Actually she aught to sue her parrents for letting her do such a stupid
thing.