Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sudden very sharp back pain

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:45:49 -0400, "Josepi"
wrote:

After seeing chem/cut doctors occasionally for the last 50 or so years, I
agree. Most of us know more about it then any GP unless they went through it
once.

My neurosurgeon went in for his very first personal backsurgery..the day
after he performed my second one.

We met for the first time about 2 weeks after our surgeries..both of us
moving slow.

He gently sat down and looked at me..and told me he had been a back
doctor for 15 yrs, plus 10 as a military back doctor..and for all that
time..he had a half notion that we were all a bit of a pussy over the
"discomfort"

He blinked..put his head down..and admitted..."discomfort hell..the
mother ****er HURTS!!!" and started to cry.

There I was..standing next to him in the exam room..hand on his
shoulder,...talking to him and telling him how to make it hurt less and
it is survivable...though at the first..it seems like it wont be.

We remained friends for many years after that.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is