Doug Winterburn

Default Shipping job oversears & bringing workers here??

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 02:10:45 +0000, Mark & Juanita wrote:

Just as a thought, have you thought about raising your income, but
living on what you are currently making? By stashing away the extra for
some time, you could afford to have some "down time" in the future to
pay your dues in a new job. Make it something that is transparent to
you, as in through payroll deduction so you don't see the extra money,
only the increase in some investment account.

Had a boss many years ago that told me the same thing - "I want you
putting away 10% of your gross for the future - never to be tapped until
you retire". I said "I can't afford it". He said, "Her's a 3 % raise,
start there and add to it with every other raise and you'll be at 10% in a
few years". I did and it worked. Been preaching to the Chilun the same
message and they're listening and doing.

-Doug