Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Leaking Sink Waste Disposer

On Apr 22, 4:13*pm, GROVER wrote:
Insinkerator waste disposer( 1/2 horse Emerson Elec.) *drips when dish
washer runs or when faucet is turned on. Connecting pipe from dish
washer and pipe to drain are both dry. Dripping seems to come from the
bottom where the power cord exits the unit.

Do these units develope internal leaks? *Any similar experiences out
there?

Joe G

Yes, they can rust out. Had that happen to a Kenmore.

I suggest that you replace it since it will only get worse. The new
ones are much quieter.

Check out the InSinkErator Evolution series. I've installed 3 of these
for my extended family and we all love 'em.

http://www.insinkerator.com/product/...inter=selector

Some home centers have an InSinkErator display where you can compare
the sound level of the various models.

Trust me, the Evolution series is much, much quieter than the Badger
series. Sometimes I forget that mine is on until I turn the water off.