Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT The Cloud

On 4/22/2011 12:40 PM N8N spake thus:

On Apr 22, 3:24 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 4/22/2011 11:35 AM Metspitzer spake thus:

Although "The Cloud" is not something I consider secure, I have
found a use for it. Google docs gives you 5 gig of storage. I
have started scanning receipts and putting them on "The Cloud"
This will come in handy if I have an insurance claim or warranty
claim.

If you scan the image as a jpg, you can use MsPaint to black out
any credit card info.

If you get a real paint program, instead of that miserable excuse
(I use Paint Shop Pro, probably now out of print, probably can get
it for free somewhere), you can not only do that easily, but also
reduce the number of colors and save an image as a tiny .GIF. Far
smaller than unwieldy JPEGs, recognized world-wide by all browsers
and mail clients.

try the GIMP.

Well, *I* won't, 'cause I've had more than my share of problems with
open-source software, and I'm totally happy with PSP. Nothing it can't
do that I need, and it's really easy to use. But the O.P. might want to
try it.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang