Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT The Cloud

Jon Danniken wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
Although "The Cloud" is not something I consider secure, I have found
a use for it. Google docs gives you 5 gig of storage.

A DVD blank is 4.7GB, and you're not putting it on someone else's
server. Alternately, an extra HDD is dirt cheap these days.

Yep. Pretty cheap.

There's a current ad on Houston Craigslist for 40Gig hard drives at $11
each. Hundreds in stock (I've seen 'em).

The dude buys computers that come back off of lease and almost all the
computers he purchases have no hard drives. So he buys container loads of
refurbished (?) drives to install in these back-from-lease machines.

Me? I'm content to use the 40Gig hard drives I find in the bottom of
CrackerJack boxes.