Mark & Juanita

Default Shipping job oversears & bringing workers here??

In article ,
says...
Your not alone, Silvan. A friend of mine has a masters in anthropology. He
drives a truck for living. College counselors should tell their students
what their job prospects are going to be in a particular field. Instead,
they fill classes and keep teachers working.

.... and at least when I was going through college in the late '70s,
early 80s, the professors in those fields would tell the class that
their goal should be the "joy of learning" or "to become a well-rounded
and educated individual". Those of us in the engineering curriculum
would simply nod, fulfill the course requirements, and move on, somehow
knowing that there should have been more than a little bit of motivation
to find something that would provide value for someone in the future as
well.

"Silvan" wrote in message

That's a sore point with me as a language major. I have the "fluent in
English and Spanish" down, but never any of the rest of the requirements
for anything.

I could pick apples or work in a greenhouse for minimum wage. That's what
my degree is worth to me.

Oh, well, and I can watch "El Mariachi" with the subtitles off. That was
worth $20,000.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/