Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT The Cloud

On 4/22/2011 11:35 AM Metspitzer spake thus:

Although "The Cloud" is not something I consider secure, I have found
a use for it. Google docs gives you 5 gig of storage. I have
started scanning receipts and putting them on "The Cloud" This will
come in handy if I have an insurance claim or warranty claim.

If you scan the image as a jpg, you can use MsPaint to black out any
credit card info.

If you get a real paint program, instead of that miserable excuse (I use
Paint Shop Pro, probably now out of print, probably can get it for free
somewhere), you can not only do that easily, but also reduce the number
of colors and save an image as a tiny .GIF. Far smaller than unwieldy
JPEGs, recognized world-wide by all browsers and mail clients.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang