Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default O.T. Solar power.

On Apr 22, 2:44*pm, Mark wrote:
My grid linked solar power plant is up and running as of *yesterday.

It has *little display panel on the inverter where you can see the
cash being ratcheted in.
Caching,caching,caching. (cash register noise:-)

As well as supplying my own power through the day, I am supplying
several of my nieghbours. *My home is now a net energy exporter. (And
cash importer)

how about some numbers,

how many kW does your system produce peak?
how many kWh do you use a day?
how much did it cost you to install?
what subsidies did you get?
how long will it take you to break even?

Mark

There is a map of numbers.The numbers indicate the Kwh you will
generate per year for every Kw of installed PV array.
In the UK it ranges from 750 to 870. Obviously the jocks and taffs
have it worst. I believe it's 1000 if you live in California, even
more in Colorado.
You need to get the map and see what the number is where you live.
These numbers are average as of course the climate varies.
My number is 850. I have a 4 Kw array. So I should generate 3400
Kwh,
worth about £1650 if all is taken into account.
My array cost £14,000 so the return should be 11.8%. Where else can
you get that tax free, inflation linked for 25 years?
(Not in the USA I know)

So, at today's rates it would pay for itself in eight years. But as
the price paid to me is inflationlinked it will be less. Also the
value of the powerI save willbe more. I reckon five years or less.
With ****yousheila in Japan, nuclear power has been set back ten
years. The price of gas and electricity will go through the roof
meantime. And PETROL Heh Heh.

We are reorganising our lives round this panel now. Not much gets
switched on without first checking power being generated.
Seems to be generating 20Kwh/day this last two days. Weather sunny
but slight haze. This will improve as Summer advances.