Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Garden hose or occasional use -- buy quality?

On Apr 21, 7:13*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 21, 9:25*am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
I may be needing another 200 or so feet of garden hose for a
work project. Might need the hose two or three times a year,
for use during the day.

Should I buy the cheap $7.97 lengths of 50 feet from
Walmart, or get the braided nylon good stuff for 14.97?

Don't want to go 100 feet, that's too clumsy to handle.
Since the hose is used one or two days a year, I'm leaning
toward the cheap hose, it won't get much use. And won't be
out in the sunshine for very long. The expensive stuff means
more credit card debt.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I mean this in the nicest way, really:

If $60 needs to be placed on a CC and carried as long term debt,
perhaps your cash flow is such that you should forgo this
project...unless, of course, the project is going to make you money in
the long run.

If you can't afford the hose with your existing cash, how will you pay
for the water it uses or any other expenses related to the project?- Hide quoted text -

Same thing struck me. He is talking about buying 4, 50' sections.
Difference between the cheap and the 'good' is only abotu $24 using
his figures.

Harry K