Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garden hose for occasional use -- update

On 4/22/2011 8:30 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I hate to do this, but I've made a decision.
(Henry Blake, MASH 4077th).

I've got an estimate out, for cleaning the roof
AC unit. If the bid is accepted, I'm going to
buy four eaches, 50 foot lengths of the better
hose at Walmart. The nylon braided stuff.

I can remember one cheap hose I had, years
ago, that had a lot of kinks in it. I tried to
straighten out the hose, but the kinks remained.
The extra money would be worth it, to get
the job done. And there is a very great risk
that cheap hose would simply not do the job.

I have a couple of flat vinyl roll up hoses that came on their own
reels. They're cheap but handy for simple stuff. I also have heavy
duty expensive rubber hose with machined fittings because I often
hook up to the hot water on mop sinks for exceptional cleaning of
coils. Hot water works so much better. ^_^

TDD