Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Alex is offline

Default IP based security camera for outdoors -- Recommendation Needed

Hi.. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood, but we've been hearing of some occurrences of crime so I'm thinking of adding a couple of outdoor cameras to the house to pick-up anything out of the ordinary.

I don't mind running a network cable and power to the cameras, so I don't need wireless per say, but I would like to find some cameras with nighttime vision plus something that can see at least about 50 feet. Also I don't want to break the bank, so something that's around $150 or less per camera would be great.

For software I'm looking at setting-up Zone Minder - http://www.zoneminder.com/ - to drive the thing.

Take care --

Sam