Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Chet Chet is offline

Default How would you do this?

I want to install a ceiling fan in our master bedroom where there is no
outlet box.
While we have a partial basement, our master bedroom is built on a slab
extension.
As best I can tell, the wires from the breaker box are routed above the wall
framing.
There are electrical outlets along the inside walls, so I can ultimately tap
into one of them.
However, the previous owner had several feet of loose insulation blown into
the attic space.
Any suggestions on getting a wire from the inside wall to the center of he
bedroom ceiling?
My current plan is to make the hole for the outlet box, make an access hole
near the top of the wall near the designated outlet, and run wires through
each hole, hoping to catch one with a hook, but I'd be flying blind...
Thanks for your suggestions!
Chet