Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Lead free solder

Charles wrote in message
Has this had any impact on repair and rework of electronic devices and
equipment?

This week a 6 month old amp with 2 separate PbF faults found. Plus loads of
other problems. Test with dummy load , then speaker. Place back in the cab
and supposed final test - another damn intermittant fault. Maybe just
induced by my localised handling on the power amp is enough to have
disturbed another only just holding lead-free solder joint. Luckily the
owner has another amp he cab use and this one can sit until next week when I
may be in a calmer frame of mind .