Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Analog TV fault

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:

"AL_n" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article ,
AL_n wrote:
PS Does anyon know if it's possible to connect an LCD PC monitor
directly to a DVD player? The DVD player is about ten years old and
has an S-video output, plus a scart output and a number of phono
outputs

Most computer monitors won't work at TV resolutions. You can buy
convertors - but a good one would cost more than a TV.

Thanks.. Can you define 'a good one' for me? I've seen them on ebay
for £26. I guess that means it's 'no good', yes?

I would say the problem is the DVD player, you can get cheap DVD players
that will drive pc monitors. If you have a monitor look for a new DVD
player that up scales and with the output you want, hdmi is more common
than vga these days, dvi is a subset of hdmi BTW.

The problem arises with SCART and S-Video connections. They are strictly
(or should be) TV resolutions.

--
*I have my own little world - but it's OK...they know me here*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.