Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Analog TV fault

In article ,
AL_n wrote:
Most computer monitors won't work at TV resolutions. You can buy
convertors - but a good one would cost more than a TV.

Thanks.. Can you define 'a good one' for me? I've seen them on ebay for
£26. I guess that means it's 'no good', yes?

I've got a couple here which convert composite, S-Video and RGB TV signals
to VGA. Wanted a computer monitor beside the workbench which would also
accept TV signals. For test purposes. Neither works what I'd call well -
things like not changing from 4:3 to 16:9. Vertical lines regardless of
the VGA resolution chosen. Of course it's possible there are ones around
now that are better.

A better solution for me was a TV with a VGA input, and the usual SCART
and S-Video. That works adequately as a computer monitor as well as a TV
or TV standard monitor.

I'll do you a deal on one of them if you wish. ;-)

--
*Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.