Leon

Default Wipe on poly advice ... again

With Most oil or water based varnishes, it is advisable to lightly sand
between coats if the surface had dried and hardened. The sanding provides a
better surface that the next coat will adhere to. If the surface is hot too
hard or dried, the next coat will tend to stick just fine. Most directions
with these products recommend to let the coat dry thoroughly before applying
the next and sanding between the coats.
Sanding or steel wooling after the last coat can reduce the shine if you
want a more satin finish.

"Toller" wrote in message

"Rob Stokes" wrote in message
Put it on, wait a few minutes, wipe ot off. Wait a few hours and repeat.
Repeat. Repeat Etc.... On the last coat, you can leave it "thick" and

scuff
it (320grit) later before you wax it OR....keep adding coats by wipe-on,
wipe-off.

Now that is interesting; I have always heard that you should sand between
every coat (or every two coats), but have never done it or understood what
would be gained from it.

You are the first person I have heard say otherwise.

(Maybe this will start a lively debate)