TeamCasa

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

Charlie,
We all want profit in one fashion or another. People leave the house to
work at a job for the money. To think otherwise is the height of naiveté.
Sure some people love what they do, some are wealthy enough not to be
forced, however, most decide to work to support themselves and their
families.

I know some penny pinching (HF and Walmart shoppers) people that care little
for any repercussions as long as they get their whatever a buck or two
cheaper. Our society and shopping habits have created the borgs, mega-malls
and other such places of get it cheap, screw the customer service. The
people line up like lemmings and take it - day after day.

I try to practice what I preach. I do not shop at HF, Walmart or Costco but
I'm stuck with the borg for reasons we all know well. I try to buy from
local shopkeepers whenever possible and try to buy the best quality product
for a good price. Do I deny myself because it's not on sale? Sometimes.
Mostly, if I need it, I go and buy it. Do I stop at the check out door to
*show my receipt* before being allowed to leave - not a chance. (Add a
dozen more rants about poor service here.)

Work hard, think for yourself, don't settle for less, love and play hard,
give to the poor and needy and you will be successful and happy.

Phew!
Dave

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Snip

Well, I'm perfectly willing to drive used vehicles. Mostly I do anyway.

Bought
my first new car in more than a decade about 3-1/2 years ago and have

regretted
it with consistency. Dump the dealer and dump the brand and I'll still buy

used
next time. As far as lettuce goes, I can grow my own most of the year,

thanks.
And TV...yeah, I like cheap TVs. I hardly ever watch, so it's not worth a

lot
of money to me.

But there's cheap and there's cheap. And we are now living the results of

decade of cheap #2, with some companies aiming at cheap #3.

Absolutely the only thing that matters for far too many companies today,

large
and small, is the bottom line. How you get there is becoming totally
irrelevant.

And that is unfortunate.

Charlie Self
"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no

other
way." Mark Twain
http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html