Posted to uk.d-i-y
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Analog TV fault

Adrian C wrote in
:

Anyone know about televisions (analog type). It is a Panasonic
TX21MIT/BK. I only use it for playing DVD's and VCR's. It worked fine
until today. Today when I switch on, the power light comes on, but
there absolutely no sounds of any kind (no high tension activity, I
think), I see nothing on the screen whatsoever.

Maybe you've switched it off with the remote. Try hitting a channel
button after switching the set on.

For some slightly annoying reason my Sony CRT set remembers the remote
control activated 'sleep' state through a power switch toggle.

I never had a remote for this TV. I tried pressing channel up and channel
down switch but nothing changed. There is no sound whatsoever.

Thanks to all respondees. I'm not an electronic engineer. The most I've
done is a bit of soldering, e.g., building small ghizmos from circuits in
Practical Wireless. So I guess it's time to go telly-hunting again...

Thanks anyway..

Al