Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default New Civil War postage stamps

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
John Grossbohlin wrote:

Considering that the mail all has the same exact addressing and comes
from myriad sources (banks, financial, insurance, periodicals,
fraternal organizations, schools, local govt and the usual junk) it's
a mystery why I get mail every day but huge volumes of it never make
it or come weeks or months late. The problem is upstream of the
carrier and the local PO... it's at the sorting center(s). The
latest "excuse" was the address isn't in the national 911 database.
Funny... the 911 emergency services found it immediately and
described the location exactly. To paraphrase somebody, "It's the PO
stupid!" ...not directed at anyone but the system!

Mail delivery dependent on 911?

So when you call the cops to report a drunken Freddy Kruger with a
chain-saw, they'll send you a postcard with instructions?

Apparently.... that's one reason to dial 1911, as in 1911A1. There are 7
responders at that number. ;~)

The PO says that the National 911 data base is the reference for "real"
addresses.... if it's not there it doesn't exist. Guess I should be lucky
they don't think I'm dead!

There are photos of my house in a book by the city historian with a caption
citing it's location at exactly the same address that the PO says doesn't
exist though the PO has been delivering mail here for many decades. Endless
BS with no resolution....

John