Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default OT- Windows Live Mail

"Lee Michaels" wrote

It has always been my theory that software geeks are socially maladjusted
individuals who can't get laid. So they write this nightmarish software
to make normal people's lives a living hell. As a geek revenge thing.

The killfile thing I mention above came about not because I figured it out
from a killfile or newsgroup perspective. I kept getting e-mails with SPAM
in the header. And often they were from friends. I even got the SPAM
designation from e-mails I sent to myself from another computer. It was
disconcerting to get important e-mail with the SPAM designation.
Particularly if I archived them.

When I came across that Junk E-mail thing, it all made sense. I looked up
kilfiles, etc in help. Nothing. Apparently nobody at MS knows about or
acknowledges the existence of killfiles. It probably would cut into sales
of Bing advertising. I found it as a side note in a forum messages
somewhere. The message was referring to the difference between Vista and
Windows7 for killfiling. Nothing on the subject was available from
Microsoft.

The same with the paint program. There was no menu choice. It pops up if
you search for it. There are a number of programs I can't get to in W7.
So I attach them to the task bar. There are a number of functions that I
can't access in the menus. I was able to find them and add the function
as an icon someplace.

This whole idea that you have hidden function is absurd. Why should you
hide functions in the program? What purpose does it serve? It just ****es
people off. I read someplace that some poor little whiners were upset
that the operating system was "too complicated". No MS brags about that
many functions are hidden. The make it sound like a good thing. If it is
so good, why don't they mention it in the help files? Or make it easier to
find the hidden functions? Why can't I find it our from MS themselves?

I know that I am a dinosaur. I remember manuals. Remember those books
that came with the software. I not only read those things, but I bought
additional manuals. Often much better than the MS manuals. There I go
showing my age again. I actually can and do READ!

hanging my head in shame

/end of rant

I'm with you. I recently bought a smart phone. Instructions, such as they
are, are available.......online............... or by purchase........through
an 800 number. WTF?

Max.......mumbling.......