Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default New Civil War postage stamps

On 4/18/2011 8:00 AM, Han wrote:
"John wrote in
:

wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:34:55 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In ,
says...

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:32:19 -0400, John Grossbohlin wrote:

I wish they'd fold the
orgzanization up and let private industry take over. Private
industry would be held accoutable... the USPS isn't held
accountable for the crappy service.

Some have crappy service others have great service. I'm in the
latter group. Our carrier has been the same for over 20 years and
she does a great job. You might be surprised at the results you
get if you complain
- unless you're the only person complaining.

Some things are better done by private industry, some by
government. Way
back before the tea party, a conservative politician in northern
Illinois
campaigned on the premise that the only things the feds should do
was raise an army and deliver the mail :-).

Bear in mind that there is no private company that can deliver a
package the size of a first class letter for the price the postal
service charges.

Likely because they're barred from delivering mail. Also note that
the USPS
can't deliver mail for the cost of a first class letter, either.

In my case they don't deliver the mail period... they just "take" the
postage and don't supply any service.... Thus, my mail delivery
experience is like stamp collecting for them... collect money for
nothing but a pretty picture.

No problems here in North Jersey (07410). If indeed mail does not get
delivered although it is properly sent, it should (I think) be a case for
the USPS police ...
It's not as if Saratoga is somewhere in the wild west ...

To my chagrin (right word?), my wife tipped our postal carrier $20 for
Christmas, :O ! I explained that I thought $10 would have been
"plenty" (yeah, I'm my dad's son...). It's hard, and surely not worth
it, to control all of the "leaks"--especially after just buying a few
new router bits. Our service is good and our mail arrives neatly
wrapped up in our junk circulars, rather than just stuffed in the box.
You might try that to see if it changes anything--besides the obvious of
course.

Bill