Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Hijacked ! Strawberries ...

Karl Townsend wrote:
When will you have ripe fruit?

Looks like a late season this year and we always open on a Saturday.
So, June 18. We have a "special list" for good customers for that
first week when we're not up to full production. Normally for those
folks that see us every year. There may be room on that list for old
EEs that consistantly help out with all sorts of projects.

Karl

Hey Karl , got a strawberry question . I bought one of those packages of 10
(June-bearing) plants at wallyworld , planted them in a prepped bed a week
ago according to the package instructions . How long should it take before I
start seeing green? These are well-rooted (roots 5-6" long) starts .
The wife sez she doesn't think we'll get berries this year , but the web
sites I've looked at seem to indicate a small crop the first year ... and
better in succeeding years depending on how I care for them . I'm on new
ground here , haven't a clue what I'm getting into . But we love
strawberries , and for a couple of bucks worth of starts and a little work
I'm willing to try .
--
Snag
Learning keeps