Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Civil War postage stamps

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 21:19:46 -0400, willshak wrote:

Bill wrote the following:
George W Frost wrote:
Not about the Civil War stamps, but enough to create another Civil War

I read where the almighty US of A, have issued a new stamp with the
almighty
Statue of Liberty on the face,
However, they haven't used the original statue image, but a photo of the
replica in Las Vegas.
Couldn't they find the original statue, was it lost in a snow drift,
or lost
in the fog?
Or, maybe, the photographer was too broke from gambling in Las Vegas, so
decided to take a photo of the one there?
Maybe even too drunk on Robatoy's wine , just saw a statue and
thought that
was it?

Yeah, I think I heard they grabbed the image from "Google images" by
mistake. What sort of "professionals" are these stamp publishers?

The Las Vegas statue looks better than the real statue.
On a less controversial note, the USPS will honor Helen Hayes, "The
First Lady of the American Theater", with a stamp on April 25th.
This is especially notable for me since I was born and lived in the same
town as Helen, and went to High School with her adopted son, James
(Jamie) MacArthur (Detective Danial Williams 'Danno' on "Hawaii 5-0").
He only spent the 9th grade with us.

Uh Oh. Don't tell Bill. He'll start ragging on Helen Hays.