Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default New Civil War postage stamps

Just Wondering wrote:
On 4/17/2011 2:34 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In , says...

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:32:19 -0400, John Grossbohlin wrote:

I wish they'd fold the
orgzanization up and let private industry take over. Private industry
would be held accoutable... the USPS isn't held accountable for the
crappy service.

Some have crappy service others have great service. I'm in the latter
group. Our carrier has been the same for over 20 years and she does a
great job. You might be surprised at the results you get if you complain
- unless you're the only person complaining.

Some things are better done by private industry, some by government. Way
back before the tea party, a conservative politician in northern
Illinois
campaigned on the premise that the only things the feds should do was
raise an army and deliver the mail :-).

Bear in mind that there is no private company that can deliver a package
the size of a first class letter for the price the postal service
charges.

FWIW, neither can USPS. It loses money on every first class letter. It
has to make that money up on other places, one being commemorative stamps.

LOL - I'm still not buying one. And, after all this, nobody better
mail one to me! : )