Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Sudden very sharp back pain

On Apr 17, 2:57*pm, Ignoramus29059 ignoramus29...@NOSPAM.
29059.invalid wrote:
This morning started out really great. I did not lift anything
heavy. Drove somewhere in my pickup to pick a tool box. When I got out
of the truck, just after 30 minutes of driving, I had sudden back pain
and could not stand up straight without some pain.

For me it began in high school, running a 100 yard dash.

It went out again a week ago, and all I had done was lift 7' logs into
the trailer and roll my 700 Lb tractor over, then heave it back
upright.

Many years ago I put a screw eye in the ceiling at the edge of the bed
and hung a webbing strap low enough to reach to pull myself upright.
It's helped a lot for the back, cracked ribs and broken collar bone.

Lift chairs:
http://www.pridemobility.com/liftchairs/index.asp
I need a wedge cushion in back to be comfortable, but then I can sleep
in it.

jsw