Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rug Doctor

Steve Kraus wrote:
Another spec. you need to know is rpm of the motor.

It says 9000 RPM. I presume that's no-load. It's not really important as
I am not proposing to replace the motor or put a new pump on the end of
this one (well I would if that was possible but the way the seals and
impeller are arranged it's a likely guess that it is normally replaced as a
unit).

I was giving info about the motor to enable better suggestions for a
possible alternative pump to put in and by pump I'm meaning a self
contained motor/pump. I'm thinking something along the lines of the sort
of pump that someone might have on a small residential water fountain.
What RPM is going on inside an alternative pump I don't really care. But
it should probably be comparable to the 1/11 HP on the original.

Unless someone has some parts sources to find the OEM replacement.

BTW, the original is from a company called Triem or Rogers-Triem (my
machine vs. the parts source machine). I don't know if they made only the
motor or the pump part as well.

Here it is:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...c/doc-pump.jpg

I've gotten in the habit of checking Ebay for odds and ends:
http://tinyurl.com/3mn5kbu