Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default New Civil War postage stamps

"Bill" wrote in message
Mike Marlow wrote:
If I caught it correctly (and you can
correct me if I did not...), you are not even that well versed on the
Civil
War, having only read a small amount about it.

I read one 2-3 inch thick book about 5 years ago to learn more. If you
consider that a small amount, than yes I've read only a small amount
recently. I'm sorry to have to quality my credentials for offering an
opinion here (do you have yours posted somewhere?) We will probably have a
better discussion if we don't direct these sorts of questions directly to
each other, but instead offer them to the group for open discussion. We
don't want to put anyone on the defensive, do we (or should we build a
cross?) I will share with you that it is Much Easier to play the critic.

Bill

The stamps Remind people. The stamps may even encourage some to better
understand the war. Read Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. That is, if you are
not down on Lincoln for responding to the attack on Fort Sumter.