Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT- Windows Live Mail

J. Clarke wrote:
In article om,
says...

"Mike M" wrote

"Max" wrote:

I have Windows Vista on a desktop and Windows 7 on a laptop. I
read newsgroups on the desktop and delete the messages daily.
When I use the laptop (about once every 2 weeks) there are 300
message headers most of which I've already read.
I can't seem to find an easy way to delete all of them from
Windows Live Mail.

Max
Most windows programs will let you select a range by clicking on one
item the hold down the shift key and select the other end of the
range. You can select individual items by holding down Ctrl. I
don't use Windows Live so I have no idea how it works. Still
using Agent 2 and Thunderbird.

Mike M

Don't work. :-(

On the list of newsgroups on the left, right click the newsgroup and
select "Catch Up". Step two, at the top, Click "view" in the menu
bar, then under "Filter Messages", "Hide Read Messages".

There doesn't seem to be any way to catch up multiple newsgroups in a
single step.

There's not a way to do what he's asking. He's asking how to keep the two
computers in sync and there is no way to do that with different newsreader
instances, and different stores. The only way he could do it is if he could
configure his laptop to uase his desktop store location, but that would only
work if they had acess to each other - if even then. There's just no
solution to his problem since the record of what you've read is local to
your machine.

--

-Mike-