Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT- Windows Live Mail

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 14:32:05 -0600, "Max" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:41:42 -0600, "Max"
wrote:

"k-nuttle" wrote in message
On 4/15/2011 4:27 PM, Max wrote:
How do you delete NG messages in Windows Live Mail?
(other than one at a time)

Thanks,
Max
I don't no how it is handled in live mail, but you can not delete
newsgroup messages from the newsserver. ie that may appear to be gone in
the newsreader, but they will be on the server nearly forever. For a
newreader/email program like Thunderbird, you can adjust the built in
fiters to see only unread. so you only see the new messages.

I have Windows Vista on a desktop and Windows 7 on a laptop. I read
newsgroups on the desktop and delete the messages daily.
When I use the laptop (about once every 2 weeks) there are 300 message
headers most of which I've already read.
I can't seem to find an easy way to delete all of them from Windows Live
Mail.

Can't you sort by date and delete all before some date/time?

Nope. Don't work.