Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default radio interference!

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 19:49:04 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Budget Panel Eyes End to VA Care for 1.3 Million Vets

The House Budget Committee, chaired by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), has told
a veterans' group it is studying a plan to save $6 billion annually in
VA health care costs by canceling enrollment of any veteran who doesn't
have a service-related medical condition and is not poor.

Committee Republicans, searching for ways to curb federal deficits and
rein in galloping VA costs, are targeting 1.3 million veterans who claim
priority group 7 or 8 status and have access to VA care.

===========
Old gag --

Nothing is too good for our citizens that served in the
military -- so thats what we gave them...

Now about those promises of lifetime medical care...
(1) your checks in the mail
(2) Of course I will respect you in the morning
(3) I'm from the gumment and I'm here to help you...

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).