Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Hand Pump on Deep Well

In article
,
Harry K wrote:

A well house is the next to last place to install the equipment (under
house is worst). You want that equipment where it is easily
serviceable and protectedf rom freezing without additional heat. Put
the pump controls, pressure tank and filters in the house if at all
possible. I worked on these systems off and one for 50 years. Hated
every one of those "crawl down into the well houise and try to find
room to work" abortions.

Who's to say the well house can't be 3500 square feet, with climate
control, plentiful lighting, a big screen TV, a pool table, a fully
stocked bar, and some strippers to hand you tools. (I mean, after
they've rubbed the tools in "those" places.)