Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted[_3_] Bolted[_3_] is offline

Default Cutting a paving slab

On Apr 14, 3:54*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Bolted writes:

On Apr 14, 3:21 pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
Is it possible to trim down a 600x600 concrete paving slab along
2 sides with a 115mm diameter angle grinder?

It's the thickness that matters...
But yes. *If it's a bit too thick or you get bored, after it scoring
as deeply as you can be bothered, and supporting it under the the cut-
line, a good whack on the offcut ought to crack the rest away neatly
enough - apart from the top edge, the rest is all presumably going to
be hidden anyway.

Actually, the edge is going to be visible - it's being used as a cap
stone. I thought of molding one, but that doesn't look doable in 24
hours (unless I molded it in place, maybe).

--
Andrew Gabriel

Cut both sides then as John Rumm suggested. Running along a strip of
timber helps keeps everything tidy.