Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Why aren't all extension cords grounded if it's code that your outlet be grounded?

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I've told the wife to never buy a 2-prong extension cord.

I wouldn't sweat it, unless you have a lot of stuff with grounded
plugs and have to use lots of 2-to-3-prong adapters (which does get
really annoying).

The irritation can be removed by the surgical use of a Dremel
equipped with a cut-off blade.

Only if you like to do things the hard way. Most of my ground plugs
have been ripped out with a pair of channel lock pliers, neanderthal
style. Takes about 1 second, and leaves no sharp edge to endanger
your favorite critters, the children. By the time you plug in your
Dremel and turn on the switch, I'm already enjoying my electricity.

Ah! Good idea!

I've been perplexed on how to saw off the ground plug on the Dremel itself !

It takes too long to get the machine up to speed and rapidly yank the plug
to feed it to the cut-off wheel.