Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Why aren't all extension cords grounded if it's code that your outlet be grounded?

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

A lot of devices, the ground prong is necessary for safety.
(Wet and dry shop vacs for example). I'd really hesitate to
cut off ground prongs.

Years ago, I read on the OSHA web site, it's illegal for
business to use repaired extension cords. I'm guessing cut
off ground prongs are also illegal for business to use.

Shop Vacs are plastic, so not much danger there to be sure. But as far
as danger goes, I'm guessing you've never soldered live equipment. The
danger there often lies in *not* ripping out the ground plug of the
soldering iron.