Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Why aren't all extension cords grounded if it's code that your outlet be grounded?

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I've told the wife to never buy a 2-prong extension cord.

I wouldn't sweat it, unless you have a lot of stuff with grounded
plugs and have to use lots of 2-to-3-prong adapters (which does get
really annoying).

The irritation can be removed by the surgical use of a Dremel equipped with
a cut-off blade.

Only if you like to do things the hard way. Most of my ground plugs have
been ripped out with a pair of channel lock pliers, neanderthal style.
Takes about 1 second, and leaves no sharp edge to endanger your favorite
critters, the children. By the time you plug in your Dremel and turn on
the switch, I'm already enjoying my electricity.