Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why aren't all extension cords grounded if it's code that your outlet be grounded?

A lot of devices, the ground prong is necessary for safety.
(Wet and dry shop vacs for example). I'd really hesitate to
cut off ground prongs.

Years ago, I read on the OSHA web site, it's illegal for
business to use repaired extension cords. I'm guessing cut
off ground prongs are also illegal for business to use.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

I wouldn't sweat it, unless you have a lot of stuff with
grounded
plugs and have to use lots of 2-to-3-prong adapters (which
does get
really annoying).

The irritation can be removed by the surgical use of a
Dremel equipped with
a cut-off blade.