Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Why aren't all extension cords grounded if it's code that youroutlet be grounded?

On 4/11/2011 2:55 PM, so wrote:
Ever need an extension cord at home and all you can find are the two-
prong type? (My wife seems to buy them in bulk). Why do they even make
a 2-prong type when all outlets are supposed to have a ground anyway?

I've told the wife to never buy a 2-prong extension cord.

why would you waste a three wire cord on a two wire device? Most
household devices are just two pronged anyway.

--
Steve Barker