Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why aren't all extension cords grounded if it's code that your outlet be grounded?

You aren't in the USA? In the US, most appliances now have a
polarized plug. One blade is wider, and such a situation is
far less likely.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in
message ...
Both computers were on 2-prong.
In which case (I should have known at the time), there is
about half the net voltage on the case, because of the
netfilters build into the computer.(duuu...)
I connected the line input of one computer to the line out
of the other computer, with a 2-male small connector cord.
Well, the tip of that connector touches ground on the
computerside first, when inserting, inputting ~100 volt into
the other
computer, and that was definitely that.
Now why both cards were gone, is harder to explain, unless
the
other card had a floating ground, in which case you can kill
both
cards.....
But I have no schematics for those two cards, one of which
was build
into mother board card.
Luckily the bios allowed to disable the malfunctioning chip.
7 euros for one soundcard and an old soundblaster for for
the other
(old)computer, restored things.