Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default electronic ignitor

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:50:11 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:46:33 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Bob Engelhardt fired this volley in
:

I should note its a 220 system. I'm going to bet nearly all home
heating oil units are 110.

True, you aren't going to be able to buy a home-heating igniter & stick
it in. But the principles are the same.

Um... when did I plop down into a world where 110 isn't available on a
220 circuit? Didja ever notice that most electric dryers have 220V
heating elements and 110V motors?

Of COURSE you can use a 110V unit, even if you do have to _slightly_
modify the wiring of the unit.

Those oil burner igniters are available in all sorts of sizes, but the
most likely one to fit inside your footprint will be the kind provided in
"salamander" space heaters -- unless your hotwasher is one of the giant
"chimney on a wagon" varieties.

LLoyd

That'll be a lot easier if Karl's washer is already wired with a
neutral, which it may not have if it was using a 220V igniter. I had
my welder outlets wired with a neutral, and settled on a twistlock. I
figure on adding an onboard 120V. outlet on the welding cart for
grinders, etc. eventually.

Pete Keillor

Anyone needs any 220vt OR 110vt twist locks, mostly NOS..I just took 40
pairs down to MarMachine and they are available for sale. I kept 6
pair..just in case.

Less than half price of new.

Gunner, who continues to sort out his Stuff....

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is