Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default electronic ignitor

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:01:48 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
Yes, mine is similar. Bit more GPM for mine - 4 GPM.

OK - an oil burner. Probably very similar to the ones used on home
heating boilers/furnaces.

So, what does it do? You plug it in, turn on the pump and the burner,
the pump starts and ...? Does the burner motor run? Does the igniter
spark? Does it burn for a while and stop, or what?

This isn't going to be very hard.

Bob

Na, the igniter is clear dead. No spark at all. Of course motor runs a
few seconds till heat detector KOs the system and shuts downs oil pump
and fan. This would have been a quick fix IF parts were available.

I should note its a 220 system. I'm going to bet nearly all home
heating oil units are 110.

Karl