Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default electronic ignitor

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:14:34 -0700, Paul Drahn
wrote:

On 4/10/2011 3:23 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
My Northern Tool hot pressure washer quit doing hot water...

So, I followed the manual and determined the electronic ignitor died.
Then I called Northern and was told my 12 year old unit doesn't have a
supported parts list but this one may work. So, I ordered it. Got the
part today. It won't work. I'm starting to think I'm FUBAR.

Here's a description off the ignitor:

Electronic Ignitor
SEM AB AMAL SWEDEN
Type TH3/320-04
Art. No. 826 020 61
Prim. 230 VAC 50-60Hz 70 VA
Sec. 12kV ?4 mA RMS (the ? looks most like a 3 maybe)
Continuous operation

Any chance of finding or making something that will work? I just got
sticker shock, new pressure washers are over $2K.

Karl

What does it use for fuel?

I normally use kerosene.