Cordless Crazy Cordless Crazy is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim K[_3_] View Post
On Apr 10, 12:34 am, Cordless Crazy Cordless.Crazy.
wrote:
A few questions:

1. When fitting a chrome shower waste grid with a back nut and two
rubber seals, would you use silicone to provide an additional seal to
the tray when clamped?

2. Am tiling the floor of my new bathroom, so any access to the trap
after the shower tray is installed, will be nigh on impossible. What is
the best trap to fit in a situation where I can really never get back to
it in a hurry? Anti-vac bottle trap or regular 75mm P trap?

Hepvo -so no seal to be vacced by bog flush

3. Due to the arrangement and levels of the pipes, the shower waste will
being connecting in to a horizontal soil pipe on the side.

inside or outside the building? connection best vertically into pipe,
sideways adds possibility of bits of Richards etc loitering in the end
of your shower waste pipework....

Should I be
overly concerned with a possible blockage in the stack and back-flow up
the shower waste?

**** happens how many times is it likely is the question...

Jim K

Connection will be internal. Will be installing using a strap on boss incoming at an angle of approximately 10 o'clock. Any 'Richards' caught should be washed away with the shower flow.

Any views on the effectivness, lifespan or troubles with using a McAlpine non-return valve?