Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need a scope

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 22:53:25 -0500, Larry wrote:

SWMBO has a habit of filling kitchen drawers to the brim. Now one is
jammed. It opens just far enough for me to get a wire coat hanger in,
but I have been unable to free the jam. I need a flexible scope to see
where the jam is. I really don't want to invest a couple of hundred
bucks (especially since I have my eye on a new chop saw). Any ideas?

This is where my old Chebby distributor wrench has come in handy at
times. http://goo.gl/T68RG The C-shaped style. HOld the long handle
and stuff the combo wrench end in, pulling things down as you slide it
from one side to the other.

To cure her of the problem, occasionally set out sheets on the living
room rug/floor, and dump each drawer onto one. Let her sort them and
put the necessities back, tossing the unnecessaries. Forcing this
annual (or more frequent) cleanup will **** her off enough to maybe
help break the habit. When (not if) she balks, tell her that you'd be
happy to do the cleanout yourself (with a BSEG on your face, and have
a 55 gallon can sitting at the ready. She'll accept immediately. On
the off chance that she doesn't, you'll solve your problem instantly
by just dumping most of the items in the can. Check and clean out the
drawers (several handfuls each time) on a regular basis.

Alternatively, get one of these: http://goo.gl/MPS3k
(sometimes on sale for $90) Fun new toy!

--
Nobody, as long as he moves about among the
chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.