Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_10_] Alan[_10_] is offline

Default Ebay - OT

In message , sweetheart
wrote

Anyway there is an identical clock in an auction this afternoon. It
has several bidders on it. So why so many after this one clock when
they could go and " buy it now" cheaper?
Like me are they ? annoyed.

No, they are just stupid. People get sucked into Ebay thinking that
items are cheap in the "auctions". Investigate further on easy to obtain
goods with tens of sellers and you will regularly find Ebay auctions
where the bidding price has gone well beyond the buy it now price
offered by someone else. In many cases non-Ebay is cheaper.

I use Ebay as a buyer only and find it convenient for certain items,
mainly of low value where you can see like items from many sellers on
the same page.

I was looking around the e bay discussions. There is a thread or two
or three , all saying what I have said here. I am not alone in being
done over in innocence.

Yes there are people who bid on Ebay who haven't bothered reading the
rules and/or have not researched this method of buying or selling. The
fact that millions of people use it each week suggests the number of
complaints such as yours are rather insignificant.

Thats a real problem. I dont know what its worth. I say I will pay what
it takes ( like an auction - the price is what you can get on the day)
. There is no real market outside of e bay for this thing.

Or the market is active and you cannot find the item elsewhere because
when they are on sale they are sold fast.

--
Alan