JohnT.

Default Best three easy improvements to my shop. How about yours?

I'd really, really, like to reorganize my shop for better efficency. Its
the basement, divided into 3 areas currently. One corner was a
darkroom/laundry area. No darkroom now, and I plan to make the laundry
area smaller to enclosed the washer/dryer/tub acessible by bifold doors.
There is a dividing wall along the middle of the basement, running
alongside furnace and hot water heater. On my "shop" side (dirty side),
I cram a workbench, a tool cabinet, table saw, band saw, drill press,
and soon, a jointer. The table saw is on wheels. The Band saw and drill
press will soon be. The jointer will be too. On the floor under
shelving, I have my planer, drill doctor case, plate joiner case, a
small electric heater, shop vac, a model plane in progress, and a couple
of small rubbermaid tubs. On the other side of the shop around the
furnace, I have 3 rubber maid "wrap and store" containers for my model
airplane cover, a 6' high wheeled rack for model airplane wood sheets, a
roll around upright rack for model airplane wood sticks, a couple of
boxes of stuff, some rolls a of naughahyde, and lots of wood leaning
against the water heater. Plus a rolling toobox and air compressor.

The other half of the basement (which has the laundry corner), I have a
4x8 table intended for building parts of my full size plane when I get
to it. One wall holds model airplanes. Another wall is taken up by steel
shelving, the 3rd wall has shelving, my reloading bench, a gun safe, and
a plastic desk holding my miscellanous hunting stuff (clothes, cases,
etc). Next to the laundry corner are 2 plastic shelving units, a half
size metal shelf, basement dehumidifier, and miscellanous stuff.

So yeah, things are tight.

And no, I don't have a garage!

I need storage! agh!

John