Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Drilling itty bitty holes

I just messed up my only #71 drill bit -- boo hoo.

What's the name of the gizmo that you use when you have a Great Big Drill
Press, and you need to drill an itty bitty hole?

The one that transmits rotation to the drill, but lets you be the one
that exerts downward force on it.

Alternate suggestions for methods of drilling itty bitty holes will also
be gratefully accepted (Time to build my own plunge EDM machine?)

And, any suggestions of sources for drill bits, and types? McMaster has
a bunch. I need some to drill aluminum, some to drill really thin (15 or
30 mil) birch plywood.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com