Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default 2011 Census

In article , rangerssuck wrote:

I have to say that not responding to the census is one of the more
idiotic things one can do. All sorts of things depend on census data,
like the number of congressional representatives your state has, the
amount of federal funding for various programs, little things like
that.

The only thing that the Constitution authorizes the census to do is count
people. I don't think very many people object to that; rather, most of the
objections are to the *other* questions asked by the census, things that have
nothing whatever to do with counting people and are not authorized by the
Constitution. Unquestionably, the Federal government is empowered by the
Constitution to count how many people live in my house -- but it's none of
their damn business how many telephones or toilets there are in my house, or
how much money I make, or what color my skin is, or what language I speak.