Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Free Books

"Bill" wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:
On 4/6/2011 7:44 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in

For a contractor, one of the best tools around for day to day
operations.

I was kidding of course!
I believe it from what I've heard about it. It's NOT a deductible
expense
for a retiree like me, although it is an option when this laptop dies.

At this point I could almost forego a laptop if the iPad, or any
similar
tablet, would run programs like SketchUp ... one of these days.

It seems reasonable in 2-D. I think you'll have a long wait for
3-D--unless the processing occurs between keystrokes on a "cloud", or
something...

Bill

Nintendo has a 3D version of their DS game machine on the market right
now.

Yes, I know you meant 3D as in computing power

Well, I meant the computing power done by a graphics card, rather than
that done by the CPU, per se. It's mostly a different animal.

Womder where the graphics on the DS 3D are processed ...

but it takes a fair
amount for the games. MOF, PC power has been driven by the games market
for the past few years. Intel is rightfully concerned about the Killer
App that will need what they can build.

--
Ever wonder why doctors, dentists and lawyers have to Practice so much? Ever
wonder why you let them Practice on You?