Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default 2011 Census

On Apr 6, 5:33*pm, " wrote:
On Apr 6, 2:54*pm, Steve Ackman st...@SNIP-

11. What happens if I don't respond?
Although the law makes it a crime not to answer the decennial census, the
American Community Survey and other mandatory censuses, and authorizes
the courts to impose a fine of up to $5,000 for failure to respond...

In theory they can fine you. *In practice they will go away. *I worked
for the Census for some of the time when the 2010 census was going
on. *As I remember you had to make three attempts. *The first one was
required to be an actual visit.

I have to say that not responding to the census is one of the more
idiotic things one can do. All sorts of things depend on census data,
like the number of congressional representatives your state has, the
amount of federal funding for various programs, little things like
that.